Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kim's Choice

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

This story introduces us to a circle of friends in England during the French Revolution who, for the sport of it, travel to France in disguise to rescue French aristocrats from the certain death of the guillotine, right under the noses of their captors. The identity of their leader, the Scarlet Pimpernel, is a guarded secret but one that interests more and more people as more and more French aristocrats are discovered in safety in England. Constant danger, wit, romance, and adventure befall the reader at every turn.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to read this book seester Kim! Good job!

bookbabe said...

Yes! This one is right up my alley!

Lisa Fohl said...

Oh dear,

Bookbabe is back -- did we EVER identify our 'babe'? Is bookbabe responsible for the new look of the blog? Whoever is responsible, please know that it pleases me greatly!

Sister Kim, MIC, I have ordered from the library all 3 versions of 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' to 'view' before the meeting. I fear the 3 part miniseries is the one that I was obsessed with as a young girl. I went through a period where I 'lived' for those miniseries! I will report back before the meeting. Thank you for the dates (meeting and birthday) and for keeping us organized (Or at least for trying!)

Happy Inauguration Week Everyone!

Sister Kim said...

Actually, I did the blog revamp, so BookBabe still remains as mysterious as our Scarlet Pimpernel. :}

Lisa said...

Could you be one in the same?